Дочке в школе задают задачи на проценты. По-моему, весьма неплохо.
- Tim earns ￡210 per week and received a rise of 4%. What is his new weekly wage?
- In a sale a store give a reduction of 20% off the ticket price. A winter coat is marked ￡99. How much must I pay for it?
- Enid May earned ￡18500 last year. No tax was due on the first ￡3900 of her income but she had pay tax at 20% on the next ￡3750 and 23% on the remainder. How much income tax did she pay altogether?
- A shopkeeper buys 80 articles for ￡200 and sells them for ￡3.50 each. Find his percentage profit.
- Engine modification were made for a particular model of car. As a result the number of kilometres in travels on one litre of petrol increased by 8%. If the new petrol consumption is 16.2 km/litre what was previous value?
- At the end of 1996 the number of a rare species of animal in North America was 6000. It is predicted that their numbers will reduce by 14% each year.
a) How many will be left at the end of 1999?
b) By the end of which year will the number first be less than 3000?
- A house is bought for ￡68000 and sold at a profit of 14%. Find the selling price.
- Carpets that had been bought for ￡18.50 per square metre were sold at a loss of 26%. Find the selling price per square metre.
- Potatoes bought at ￡4.50 per 50 kg bag are sold at 12p per kg. Find the percentage profit.
- An art dealer sold a picture for ￡1980 thereby making a profit of 65%. What did she pay for it?
- My present average weekly grocery bill is ￡40.50, which is 8% more than the same goods cost me, on average, each week last year. What was my average weekly grocery bill last year.
- What is Fred Procter’s gross weekly wage if, after paying deductions of 35%, he is left with ￡111.80?
- Between two elections the size of the electorate in a constituency fell by 16%. For the second elections, 37191 people were entitled to vote. How many could have voted at the first election?
- When the rate of VAT is 17.5% a compact disc costs ￡7.05.
What will it cost if the rate of VAT is
a) increased to 20%?
b) decreased to 15%?
- If Terry begins his journey after 9 a.m. he is allowed a discount of 30% of the cost of his rail ticket. He pays ￡22.75 for a ticket to London, leaving on the 9.15 a.m.
a) Express the discounted price as a percentage of the full price.
b) Calculate the cost of the ticket before deducting the discount.
- A camera bought for ￡300 loses 40% of its value in the first year.
a) What is it worth when it is one year old?
b) Express its value after one year as a percentage of the amount by which it has depreciated.
- Andrew Bullen received ￡955 pay last month. This sum was mad up of a fixed basic wage of ￡245 plus commission at 2% on the value of the goods he had sold in the preceding month. Find the value of sales Andrew made last month.
- In a sale at a department store a tea set is sold at a discount of 15%. The sale price is ￡59.49. Find
a) the pre-sale price
b) the discount.